Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Muddy Buddys!


Today was fantastic! Sure I basically have dreads, a slight face rash, and I can't feel my legs...but it was all in the name of fun. We woke this morning and we got into our new much more spacious van with Yosi. We drove about two hours into the desert and got out of the car at a huge mountain called Masada. It was so pretty and so LARGE. We hopped out of the car and Yosi whipped out some while scarves. He swirled it around our heads. I am sorry, but I have never felt like such a fool in all my years. So then Yosi left us to hike all the way to the top of the mountain while he took the nice AIR CONDITIONED tram to the top, uh. Well we began this hike. It wasn't so bad at first with out turbans on. We took it slow and drank a lot of water. It wasn't until half way threw when I began to get really hot. 
"Ah to heck with the turban!" 
We marched on. When we got to the top we looked around and we saw how this "living space" worked and functioned. It was really incredible, and it still shocks me how they manage to make everything out of stone. Then we saw King Harod's palace. There was still remnants of where the paint was. It was amazing. 
We went to the Dead Sea after. When we walked down to the water it was like a beach. It was so confusing when we first got there. All these people were shiny black. "Are they black or is that mud?" we all thought. Well there were guys and some older heavier women that were caked in it. haha. Great image. We hopped in the water and you float! It was so insane! We just floated around and when you stand your shoulders are above the water. We hoped out of the water and saw a huge pit of mud! A guy handed us a huge glob. Kendall and I thought it would be funny to make our hair black. So we piled on the thick...paste. It kind of made me want to gag. haha. It looked so funny though! That was when we decided it would be even better to make our whole bodies black. How genius! It looked SO sketchy and SO funny! Mom joined in the fun too! She left her hair out though. We looked great as black women. 
Then we jumped in the water and since you don't sink we could only get our bodies. We went to the  fresh water showers. The black gelatinous muck dripped into my open mouth. So that was a bonus. Then Kendall and I discovered our hair was grey/green. Yep I know. It wouldn't and wont come out. So then we hoped back in to the car with our new hair and now we are back at the marvelous King David Hotel.

1 comment:

  1. Syd:

    We didn't get to see you when we were in Park City a couple of weeks ago, but had a nice time as David thanked your mom and your family for helping him get to Ecuador. I love the story about the mud! Sounds like you had a great trip.

    ReplyDelete